Erica's Body For Life

Welcome to my Body For Life journey...again. I'm back in the gym to reverse the damage that my sweet daughter, McKenna, did to my body!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Day 1

Eats:

#1: one whole egg + three whites, packet of low-sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal made with 2/3 c skim milk, stick of 2% string cheese
#2: two sticks of 2% string cheese and an apple
#3: lean roast beef and one slice low-fat Provolone cheese on two slices whole wheat bread with light mayo and Dijonnaise, 1/2 kosher pickle
#4: 5 oz. roasted sirloin, new potatoes, steamed carrots and zucchini (Boston Market)
Snack: serving of sour cream and onion mini-rice cakes, a couple of carrots
#5: protein pancakes (egg + three whites, 1/4 c fat-free cottage cheese, 1/2 c oats) and 1/4 c sugar-free syrup, fat-free sugar-free fudgesicle

#6: two caramel rice cakes with two tsp of brown sugar cream cheese

Drinks:
16 oz. bottles of water x 4
two diet cherry Cokes
one diet Coke

cup of sugar-free Suisse Mocha coffee

Supplements: fenugreek and prenatal vitamin

Workout: 10 minutes of interval training on Stairmaster, 12 minutes of fat-burn cardio on treadmill

Comments: Ugh. Now that we have shopped, this will be SO much easier. I had forgotten how tough BFL was without the proper food on hand! We even went to Vitamin Shoppe and got a tub of Dutch chocolate protein powder and two packs of French Vanilla Myoplex Light RTD shakes. I sure hope the protein powder tastes better now than it did three years ago! But I got lots of good healthy and some semi-healthy stuff at Kroger...baby spinach salad, cucumbers, carrots, yogurt, lean ground turkey, fat-free cheese and cream cheese, fat-free Cool Whip to mix in with sugar-free Jello, lots of diet drinks, Splenda, almond butter, sugar-free Popsicles and Fudgesicles, rice cakes, bananas to blend in with my protein shakes, fruit, oatmeal, sugar-free syrup for my pancakes, cottage cheese, a HUGE thing of eggs...all the stuff I used to buy on a regular basis ALL the time when I was training. It's amazing to me now though how much cleaner things have gotten. For example, the little packets of instant oatmeal are now made with whole grain oats, which is a huge improvement! Yogurt is lower in sugar now. There's a larger variety of rice cake flavors. It's amazing. And we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and used my 20% off coupon to buy a grinder attachment for my mixer...P wants to start buying super duper lean top round and grinding it up into meat so I can have hamburgers instead of my nasty Boca Burgers since he thinks soy is bad. (I don't agree.) I also have a ton of Lean Cuisines in the freezer that I need to eat over the next few weeks. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The gym wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I am SO HORRIBLY out of shape!


And the hardest part about today was taking my before pictures...and realizing that I look exactly the same now as I did three years ago today. I'm going to try to use it to fuel the fire and get this done quicker than I did last time, but it was VERY hard to look at those pictures and realize that I'm right back where I started. *sniff*

3 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    Hi Erica!! You were such an inspiration to me when you lost the weight the first time around; I have every confidence that you can do it again! I'm trying to lose about 25 pounds myself (I'm up 10 from my low of last year, ugh; no excuses except for laziness...) so I'll be checking in with you. I love the pic you posted of McKenna in your first post; she is so precious.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    You CAN DO IT GIRL!!!
    Suz (in VA)

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Taneya said…

    Erica,

    You KNOW you will get there! I am cheering you on as I get myself into gear again. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home